All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe question of the representation of women in the media has been an important one for feminists over the past three decades. This diverse collection of essays represents three major trends in feminist media studies: the liberal feminist perspective, which focuses on the media's tendency to misrepresent and oppress women; the postmodern perspective, which illustrates the ways in which women can participate in, enjoy, and sometimes subvert the dominant media; and the more recent attempts to identify and challenge the subtle backlash that threatens to obliterate feminist gains. The contributors cover a wide range of subjects, from advertisements for women's stockings to the life and death of Princess Diana.
- Author BiographyANN C. HALL is Chair of the Division of English at Ohio Dominican College. /e She has published A Kind of Alaska: Women in the Plays of O'Neill, Pinter, and Shepard (1993), as well as numerous articles on modern drama and literature. In addition to her academic experience, she served as a Dramaturg and Education Director for a theatre company for three years.
- Author(s)Ann C. Hall
- Date of Publication28/10/1998
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.