All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fully updated second edition of this popular handbook concisely summarises all current kwledge about delirium in critically ill patients and describes simple tools the bedside clinician can use to prevent, diagse and manage delirium. Chapters discuss new developments in assessing risk and diagsis, crucial discoveries regarding delirium and long-term cognitive outcomes, and dangers of sedation and death. Updated management advice reflects new evidence about antipsychotics and delirium. This book explains how to minimise the risks of delirium, drugs to avoid, drugs to use and when to use them, as well as current theories regarding pathophysiology, different motoric subtypes leading to missed diagsis, and the adverse impact of delirium on patient outcomes. While there are still unanswered questions, this edition contains all the available answers. Illustrated with real-life case reports, Delirium in Critical Care is essential reading for trainees, consultants and nurses in the ICU and emergency department.
- Author BiographyValerie J. Page is Consultant in Critical Care, Watford General Hospital, West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust, UK. E. Wesley Ely is Professor of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
- Author(s)E. Wesley Ely,Valerie J. Page
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCore Critical Care
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note35 b/w illus. 30 tables
- Weight270 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.