All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvil is a problem that will t go away. For some it is an inescapable fact of the human condition. For others evil is a term that should only be used to name the most horrible of crimes. Still others think that the worst problem lies with the abuse of the term: using it to vilify a misunderstood enemy. No matter how we approach it, evil is a concept that continues to call out for critical reflection. This volume collects the results of a two-year deliberation within the Boston University Institute for Philosophy of Religion lecture series, bringing together scholars of religion, literature, and philosophy. Its essays provide a thoughtful, sensitive, and wide-ranging consideration of this challenging problem and of ways that we might be delivered from it.
- Author BiographyM. David Eckel is an Associate Professor of Religion at Boston University and Director of the Institute for Philosophy of Religion. His publications include Jnanagarbha's Commentary on the Distinction between the Two Truths (1987), To See the Buddha: A Philosopher's Quest for the Meaning of Emptiness (1994), and Understanding Buddhism (2003). Bradley L. Herling is Professor of Religious Studies, Marymount Manhattan College. He received a Ph.D. in Religious Studies from Boston University and is the author of The German Gita: Hermeneutics and Discipline in the German Reception of Indian Thought, 1778-1831.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/03/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleBoston University Studies in Philosophy and Religion
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBradley L. Herling,M. David Eckel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.