Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish McKay thought of the pain in terms of light rather than jolts of electricity intentionally being forced into his brain. It took several sessions of electroshock therapy for him to realize that the incredibly loud ises he was hearing beyond those of the actual machine were of his own screaming. This is a typical day for English at Hartley State Insane Asylum, a corrupt institution in upstate New York, where the number one rule for treating patients is to obtain the cheapest and easiest results. Even if that means sending pulses of electricity through the temples of a seventeen-year-old boy while he is strapped to a chair, writhing in pain. Resembling prison guards more than caregivers, the orderlies who aren't participating in brutal abuses of power simply turn a blind eye to the institution's lax standards of patient care. And the result of this cruel and careless staff is a hellish environment where sedation and restraint are the most popular treatment methods. After losing his family in a tragic accident, English finds himself locked behind the walls of this nightmarish asylum with exit in sight. While fading in and out of vivid dreams and electroshock-induced hallucinations about the parents and sister he loved, he realizes that the only thing to do is to take action. Gathering up his newfound friends, a group of other lost souls that has served as his only comfort during his stay, English devises a plan to bring them all to safety. Riveting from beginning to end, Delivering English is a fast-paced thriller that follows English McKay, his friends, and the girl he loves, as they plot to escape the unjust institution that has imprisoned them. Embarking on the most daring adventure of their lives through a series of underground tunnels, the group puts everything on the line in their attempt to get to safety and bring justice to the patients of Hartley State Insane Asylum once and for all. Will they make it to Canada alive, or will they succumb to the cruelty of a mental hospital working to keep them locked up and ill?
- Author BiographyKevin Gaylord is a first-time author who lives in the mountains of western North Carolina, along with his wife, Ashley, and their pets-a dog and a cat. He has long been passionate about writing-feeling compelled to take the stories that rattle around in his mind, and slave over a laptop until they are in printed form. Delivering English is Kevin's debut novel, and he found it gave him quite a rush to see it transform from idea to print. From time to time, he enjoys re-reading the novel, finding that it makes him fall in love with the characters all over again. He hopes that readers will enjoy the story as much as he does, rooting for English McKay and his friends as they fight to find their way to the safety and justice they deserve.
- Author(s)Kevin Gaylord
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.