All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelivering Successful PMOs is intended to be the companion book to Leading Successful PMOs (Peter Taylor) which was a guide to all project based organisations providing a common language to describe the variety of possible PMOs, explaining how to do the right things, in the right way, in the right order, with the right team, and identifying what made a good PMO leader. Delivering Successful PMOs takes this to the next level and provides a clear framework to conceive, design, build, prove and embody an enterprise PMO inside an organisation, dealing with the strategic intentions, the politics, the people and the projects. The book draws on the rare experience that Ray Mead, through his organisation p3m global(www.p3m.global) had in building an enterprise PMO for a major organisation (based in the Middle East) from the ground up - a 'greenfield' enterprise PMO. Through this process he and his team have developed an invaluable methodology that is shared through this book alongside a real case study - this is t theory, this is t 'perfect' world modelling, this is proven through practice and live application. Peter and Ray extend the guidelines from the first book and weave them in to the process of delivering a PMO that works for an organisation and delivers success - measured by improved project health, greater returns on investment, a better project management community, closer connection to business strategy and a more mature project organisation.
- Author BiographyRay Mead is owner and director of p3m global, a specialist portfolio, programme and project management consultancy. As a senior, accomplished P3M consultant he and his team work globally to develop their clients' project management capability through a mixture of training, consultancy and delivery solutions. In previous roles he has worked in Project Management, Strategic Channel Management and Training and Consultancy within the IT and Telecoms markets in the UK, Europe, China and Australia. Peter Taylor is a dynamic professional who has achieved notable success in Project Management. His background is in both project management and marketing across three major business areas, with the last eight years leading three PMOs. He is also an accomplished communicator and is also a professional speaker, workshop trainer and consultant. Peter is the author of many books, including The Lazy Project Manager, The Lazy Winner, The Lazy Project Manager and the Project from Hell, Leading Successful PMOs, Project Branding and Strategies for Sponsorship.
- Author(s)Jake Holloway,Peter Taylor,Ray Mead
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 13 b&w illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.