All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe nickname of the train was the Yellow Dog. Its real name was the Yazoo-Delta. It was a mixed train. The day was the 10th of September, 1923 - afteron. Laura McRaven, who was nine years old, was on her first journey alone. Laura McRaven travels down the Delta to attend her cousin Dabney's wedding. At the Fairchild plantation her family envelop her in a tidal wave of warmth, teases and comfort. As the big day approaches, tensions inevitably rise to the surface.
- Author BiographyEudora Alice Welty (1909-2001) was a Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist and short story writer whose works were all rooted in the American South. She lived her whole life in Jackson, Mississippi, where her house is now designated as a national Historic Landmark.
- Author(s)Eudora Welty
- PublisherHead of Zeus
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHead of Zeus
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edited byMichael Schmidt
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.