All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDementia care presents a huge challenge to health and social care both w and in the future. The number of those in the UK with dementia is expected to increase to 1.4 million in the next 30 years. Regardless of the field of nursing, all nurses need to understand the experiences of a person with dementia and the issues related to their care. This book provides an introduction to dementia care for nursing students with an emphasis on humanizing care. Real life case studies show the person behind the patient and explore the ethical dilemmas that a nurse may face.
- Author BiographyDr Sue Barker is a registered mental health nurse and chartered psychologist; she works at Bournemouth University in the School of Health and Social Care as a Senior Lecturer. She is also a member of Bournemouth University Dementia Institute as part of this she has undertaken consultancy and evaluation work. She has a particular interest in mental and emotional wellbeing and her PhD explored the emotional care given to women becoming mothers. Sue leads a unit on the mental health nursing programme entitled mental health and wellbeing in later life. Michele Board is a Senior Lecturer in Nursing Older People at Bournemouth University. She has been an adult nurse since 1985 and has had a broad range of clinical experience with a specific focus on nursing the older person. She started lecturing in 2003, leading units on the Essentials of Nursing Care for the undergraduate nursing programme, and specialist themed days on the nursing care of the older person. She has led the development of dementia education programmes for health and social care staff working in the NHS and the private sector. Michele holds an honorary contract with a local acute healthcare trust working as the senior nurse for their memory clinic.
- Author(s)Michele Board,Sue Barker
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleTransforming Nursing Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.