All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpecially compiled for students, this invaluable reader gathers key statements from political thinkers, explained and contextualised with editorial commentaries. Arranged into four sections - Traditional Affirmations of Democracy, Key Concepts, Critiques of Democracy and Contemporary Issues it covers democratic thinking in a remarkably broad way. New for this edition: Substantially updated to reflect the changing circumstances of democracy in our modern, interconnected and conflict-ridden world. Contains a new introduction and 29 new readings published since the first edition. New sections on globalisation, religion, information techlogy and violence.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Ricardo Blaug is Reader in Democratic Theory at the University of Westminster. John Schwarzmantel is Senior Lecturer in Politics at the University of Leeds.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Edited byJohn Schwarzmantel,Ricardo Blaug
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.