All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionDemocracy and Civil Society in a Global Era addresses challenges to the strengthening of active citizenship. In this highly-structured work, the themes presented are linked to fostering a culture of peace and n-violence, the lessening of fear and insecurity in political, ecomic, social, and cultural terms inherently detached from the conceptualization of political delineations and physical boundaries, and the ability to live dignified lives. The various regions that are represented in the case studies include: the Indian sub-continent, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey, Iran, China, the Middle East, Nigeria and the EU. The commonality and universality of the topics allows readers from any region of the world to relate to them. This book presents a dynamic combination of theory and field research, and is an icoclastic tour-de-force of studies in democracy. Policy makers, think tanks and development practitioners may be particularly be interested in this book because it is about action rather than mere ideas and processes. It demonstrates how social movements can introduce and strengthen equality, inclusion, accountability, and the free flow of information. These elements, in turn, can contribute to the acculturation of freedom and social justice, in the developed world just as much as in the developing world.
- Author BiographyScott Nicholas Romaniuk is a PhD Candidate in International Studies at the University of Trento and Affiliate Researcher at the Bruno Kessler Foundation, Italy. Marguerite Marlin is a PhD Candidate in Political Science, specifically Comparative Public Policy, at McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePublic Administration and Public Policy
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 23 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMarguerite Marlin,Scott Nicholas Romaniuk
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.