All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA bible for a powerful populism that will arise after the latest Gilded Age is over. Read it and run, or read it and recover your sense of what it could mean to actually live in a democratic society. -Paul Hawken, author, Natural Capitalism and The Ecology of Commerce [Gates] offers an ambitious populist vision. You may t like its answers, but you can't igre the questions. -Cheryl Dahle, Fast Company A political-ecomic manifesto for the new millennium...This persuasive and well-documented work will generate thoughtful discussion. -Library JournalCiting alarming statistics, Jeff Gates convincingly argues that the current ecomic boom is largely a mirage, buoyed by policies that continue to reward the wealthy and punish the poor. With equal measures of passion and incisive reasoning, he proposes an ambitious yet practical program of financial, political, and ecomic reform.
- Author BiographyJeff Gates is a lawyer, investment banker, political advisor, and consultant to government, union, and industry leaders worldwide. As counsel to the U.S. Senate Committee on Finance during the 1980s he was a leading fiture of the federal legislation encouraging employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs).
- Author(s)Jeff Gates
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication30/03/2001
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationReading, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerseus Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.