All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDemocracy in California is readable and thought-provoking. It is t the standard textbook example of a textbook. Brian P. Janiskee and Ken Masugi clearly explain the politics and character of California's governmental institutions and the dynamics affecting the lives of its citizens. The third edition is updated throughout and includes analysis of the 2010 election. In addition to thorough coverage of California's constitution and development, this book also examines each branch of government as well as local systems. As Janiskee and Masugi explore the nature of public opinion, parties, and campaigns, they show the effects that the state's diverse population has on all levels of politics and government. Janiskee and Masugi have added case studies to each chapter, bringing ideas to life and challenging the reader to become an active participant in California politics. The case studies are ideal starting points for class discussions. Perfect for courses in American government and state and local politics, Democracy in California is a succinct guide to the governmental intricacies of our nation's most populous state.
- Author BiographyBrian P. Janiskee received his Ph.D. from Michigan State University and is professor and chair of the Department of Political Science at California State University, San Bernardino, where he is also a faculty member in the national security studies program. He has published several articles and books on such topics as special districts, crime policy, presidential elections, American colonial local government, and national security. Ken Masugi received his Ph.D. from the New School for Social Research and teaches for Johns Hopkins University's Center for Advanced Studies in American Government in Washington, DC. He is editor of Interpreting Tocqueville's Democracy in America (described in the American Political Science Review as representing a revolution in Tocqueville scholarship ) and coeditor of four other books on modern and American political thought. A Senior Fellow of the Claremont Institute, Masugi is currently completing a monograph on Democracy in America.
- Author(s)Brian P. Janiskee,Ken Masugi
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.