All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionDemocracy in Immigrant America provides a comprehensive analysis of democratic participation among first- and second-generation immigrants in the United States, addressing the questions that are integral to understanding the present-day realities of immigrant politics: How are immigrants changing the racial and ethnic makeup of the American electorate? How do their numbers compare to those in the early 20th century? Do traditional models of political behavior explain the voting participation of immigrants, and should new factors related to immigrant adaptation be considered? By addressing these questions, Democracy in Immigrant America points the way forward for a new research agenda in immigrant politics.
- Author BiographyS. Karthick Ramakrishnan is Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of California, Riverside.
- Author(s)S. Ramakrishnan
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication25/05/2006
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note30 tables, 10 figures
- Weight331 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.