All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionDemocracy Without Borders? assesses the worldwide prospects of liberal democracy. In an era of globalization and in an intellectual climate in which the idea of national sovereignty is under assault, Plattner identifies the essential features of modern liberal democracy and offers guidance about what is required to sustain it. An investigation of the complex and tension-filled relationship between liberalism and majority rule is at the heart of this important book.
- Author BiographyMarc F. Plattner is editor of the Journal of Democracy and vice-president for Research and Studies at the National Endowment for Democracy. He is the coeditor of The Global Resurgence of Democracy and more than a dozen other books. His articles have appeared in Foreign Affairs, The National Interest, Commentaire, and other leading journals both in the United States and abroad.
- Author(s)Marc F. Plattner
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/11/2007
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width157 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.