All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDemocratic government has w been entrenched in Poland. An increasingly significant European actor, Poland presents problematic but also stimulating challenges to new NATO and EU associates. This authoritative overview examines in depth the constitutional and governmental framework in Poland since 1989 and its central political institutions, mechanisms and actors. Sanford demonstrates how the governmental system evolved pragmatically during the 1990s to cope with modernization and consolidated viable independent statehood consensually around Poland's hardy constitutional values.
- Author BiographyGEORGE SANFORD is a Reader in Politics at Bristol University where he has taught since 1966. A leading academic specialist on Eastern Europe and Poland his publications include Poland: The Conquest of History, Building Democracy, Historical Dictionary of Poland, Democratization in Poland, The Solidarity Congress 1981, Military Rule in Poland and Polish Communism in Crisis.
- Author(s)George Sanford
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/07/2002
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight505 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.