All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDonald Busky provides an in-depth, well referenced, and up to date examination of the history of social democratic parties and governments worldwide from the 19th century onward. After reviewing the history of democratic socialism and its rivals as well as defining the various movements, Dr. Busky examines the history and current state of social democratic parties beginning with Europe and Great Britain, and then moving to the United States and Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. The volume concludes with a survey bibliography of key studies on the topic. This global survey will be of particular interest to scholars, students, and other researchers involved with comparative politics and political ideologies.
- Author BiographyDONALD F. BUSKY has been Local Chairperson of the Socialist Party of Greater Philadelphia since 1978, and State Chairperson of the Socialist Party of Pennsylvania since 1988, as well as editor of its newsletter, The Red Penn. He has been a member of the National Committee of the Socialist Party, USA, and has been a frequent contributor to its publication, The Socialist. Dr. Busky has 19 years teaching experience and is currently at Camden County College.
- Author(s)Donald F. Busky
- Date of Publication30/07/2000
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.