All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to clearly define an approach to school improvement that uses professional learning community (PLC) practices to achieve school improvement and success for every student. This book offers information, examples and case studies to clarify the concept of a PLC, to respond to critical issues in schools, and to support educational leaders in addressing the important mandates of accountability and school improvement. As school leaders proactively lead efforts to create learning communities, their schools, districts, and staff will incorporate kwledge, skills, and practices that focus on teaching and learning for all. The authors' findings will assist leaders, change agents, policy makers, and university faculty in guiding schools toward creating and maintaining PLCs as they sustain school improvement for student learning.
- Author BiographyKristine Kiefer Hipp is a professor in the Doctorate in Leadership for the Advancement of Learning and Service program and District Administrative Licensure programs at Cardinal Stritch University. She also serves in the university's Leadership Center and coordinates leadership programs in Corciano, Italy. Her research interests and consulting involve leadership, professional learning communities, collective efficacy, and organizational and cultural change efforts. Jane Bumpers Huffman is associate professor of educational administration at the University of North Texas. Huffman served as a Visiting Scholar in 2009 at National Taiwan Normal University and has a research emphasis in professional learning communities, change management, leadership, and parent involvement.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/03/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight272 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJane Bumpers Huffman,Kristine Kiefer Hipp
- Foreword byShirley M. Hord
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.