All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the summer of 1967, twelve young men ascended Alaska s Mount McKinley kwn to the locals as Denali. Engulfed by a once-in-alifetime blizzard, only five made it back down.Andy Hall, a journalist and son of the park superintendent at the time, was living in the park when the tragedy occurred and spent years tracking down rescuers, survivors, lost documents, and recordings of radio communications. In Denali s Howl, Hall reveals the full story of the expedition in a powerful retelling that will mesmerize the climbing community as well as anyone interested in mega-storms and man s sometimes deadly drive to challenge the forces of nature.
- Author BiographyANDY HALLgrew up in the shadow of Denali. He is the former editor and publisher ofAlaskamagazine. He lives in Chugiak, Alaska.
- Author(s)Andy Hall
- PublisherPlume Books
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlume Books
- Weight181 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.