All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDengue fever is an infectious disease found around the world that is caused by four closely related, but distinct, types of viruses commonly transmitted by Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. Triggering excessive bleeding, dengue fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever, and dengue hemorrhagic shock can be fatal. Dengue Fever and Other Hemorrhagic Viruses explores the biology of the dengue virus and similar viruses such as Ebola, Marburg virus, and Lassa fever, as well as their symptoms, where they are commonly found, how they are transmitted, and the efforts to treat and eradicate them.Chapters include: Ins and Outs of Dengue; Hemorrhagic Fevers; Vectors - Bugs That Carry Disease; The Immune System: Our Line of Defense; and, Vaccination - Waking Up the Army in Us.
- Author BiographyTirtha Chakraborty, Ph.D. majored in zoology for his undergraduate studies, and then obtained his Ph.D. in molecular biology and parasitology from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India. He continued his research in molecular parasitology as a post-doctoral fellow while at Yale University Medical School. He currently works in the field of molecular immunology at the National Institutes of Health.
- Author(s)Tirtha Chakraborty
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour & black-&-white photographs & illustrations, sidebars, further resources, glossary, endnotes, index
- Weight327 g
- Width162 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Reading AgeGrades 9 and up
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.