Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.70+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA systematic and thorough interpretation of the philosophy of Daniel Dennett, this book is a tantalizing entree into the philosophy of mind. Manifestly, we human beings are conscious, thinking, free and responsible agents. However, science has revealed that we are also natural products of evolution, composed of simple biochemical components which are arranged in complex self-maintaining configurations. How do these two aspects of humanity coincide? Tadeusz Zawidzki outlines Dennett's reconciliation of three major components - thought, consciousness, and freedom of the will - with what science tells us about human nature. In the course of this exposition, the book highlights the important role that Darwinian thinking plays in Dennett's proposed reconciliation, as well as his invative proposals regarding the 'reality' of our consciousness and its attributes. An insightful introduction to Dennett's thought, this work will prove invaluable to interested readers, students, and scholars alike.
- Author BiographyTadeusz Zawidzki is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Ohio. He lives in Athens, Ohio.
- Author(s)Tadeusz Zawidski
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication09/01/2007
- Series TitleOneworld Thinkers S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Out-of-print date21/05/2013
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.