All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDenver turned 150 just a few years ago--t too shabby for a city so down on its luck in 1868 that Cheyenne boosters deemed it too dead to bury. Still, most of the city's history is a recent memory: Denver's entire story spans just two human lifetimes. In Denver Inside and Out, eleven authors illustrate how pioneers built enduring educational, medical, and transportation systems; how Denver's social and political climate contributed to the elevation of women; how Denver residents wrestled with-and exploited-the city's natural features; and how diverse cultural groups became an essential part of the city's fabric. By showing how the city rose far above its humble roots, the authors illuminate the many ways that Denver residents have never stopped imagining a great city. Published in time for the opening of the new History Colorado Center in Denver in 2012, Denver Inside and Out hints at some of the social, ecomic, legal, and environmental issues that Denverites will have to consider over the next 150 years. Finalist for the 2012 Colorado Book Awards
- Author(s)Jeanne Abrams
- PublisherColorado Historical Society,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/06/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColorado Historical Society,U.S.
- Content Note47 b/w photos, 3 line drawings & 2 maps
- Weight213 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.