All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollow Denver's history from a mining town to a booming city through photographs of well-kwn locations as they once stood, and what they look like todayThis new edition, containing a host of local landmarks as they once looked, alongside the same viewpoint photographed today, has been extensively revised from the original version with new sites, new text, and additional photos. Much has changed since Denver was dubbed Queen City of the Plains more than a century ago. Denver's birth coincided with the dawn of the photography age, and so the transformation from frontier town to metropolis has been recorded at every step of the way. Go on a journey through the life of the Mile High City and explore this tribute to its ever-changing facade, chronicling the sad losses but also the preservation triumphs. Locations include Union Station, Lower 17th Street, Larimer Square, Palace Theatre, The Old Elephant Corral, Old City Hall, Tabor Opera House, City Auditorium, Curtis Street, Paramount Theater. Kittredge Building, Republic Building, Daniels and Fisher Tower, Denver Gas and Electric Building, Post Office, Colorado Bank, Brown Palace Hotel, Milwaukee Brewing, Denver Club, Coors Brewery, Denver Bears, and Montclair.
- Author BiographyJoshua Dinar has worked as a contributing editor for Ski magazine and as the editor in chief of Inside Denver. He is the publisher of Dining Out Magazine in Denver. Jeffrey Steen has done extensive freelance writing for OutFront Colorado, YellowScene magazine, the Denver Post, and other regional media. They both live in Boulder.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Steen,Josh Dinar
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- Series TitleThen and Now (Pavilion Books)
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width283 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Photographer(s)Phil Mumford
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.