All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeonna, a young, shy girl, spends hours staring at the turtles in her class room. One day her teacher, Ms. G., curious about Deonna's attraction to the turtles, learns through conversation all she needs to kw about Deonna to help the shy girl discover who she is and to help her on a new life's journey. Ms. G. is a gifted teacher who takes a special interest in her students, especially those who aren't popular and who are often overlooked by their peers. She desperately wants to see Deonna play joyfully and express her own creativity, so she sets a plan in motion to help Deonna come out of her shell. Ms. G. introduces Deonna to Shu Shu, ather shy classmate, hoping for a match of souls. From this point forward, Deonna's life begins to transform. With Ms. G.'s guidance and Shu Shu's companionship, Deonna slowly breaks out of the safety of her shell. As Deonna's effervescent personality begins to shine, her new freedom within sets her soaring like an eagle through life like she could never have imagined!
- Author BiographyDIANNA L. GRAYER, Ph.D., is a Marriage and Family Therapist in Northern California. She has counseled children, teens, adults, couples, and families from diverse backgrounds for over 16 years, and continues to do so. Dianna loves supporting, encouraging, and teaching others to care more deeply for themselves, to live fuller and happier lives, and to meet their full potential. In 2010, she earned her Ph.D. in Psychology from Meridian University, where she serves as a faculty member. She lives with her partner of over 33 years, and together, they have fostered 26 children. When she's not seeing clients or teaching, Dianna spends most of her time writing children's stories and poems, creating tools and workshops to help people heal their lives, playing basketball and games, laughing, and enjoying nature.
- Author(s)Dianna L Grayer
- Date of Publication24/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.