All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA dark comedy that throws a lively and topical spotlight on 'Generation Rent' and the lengths they will go to in order to get that first step on the property ladder. Rachel and Ben want to buy a flat in London. And so do their friends, Melanie and Sam. But what with rent, tax, student loans, pensions and bills, it's impossible to save for a deposit. So the foursome come up with a fast-track solution to the problem: live together. Sneakily split the rent and bills on a tiny one bedroom flat for a year. But with paper thin walls and space growing sparser by the day, which will they sacrifice first - the friendship, the relationship or the dream of buying their own property? Deposit premieres at Hampstead Theatre Downstairs in March 2015.
- Author BiographyMatt Hartley grew up in the Peak District and studied drama at the University of Hull. His first play Sixty Five Miles won a Bruntwood Award in the inaugural Bruntwood Competition and was produced by Paines Plough/Hull Truck. Other work for theatre includes: Microcosm (Soho Theatre); Horizon (National Theatre Connections); The Bee (Edinburgh Festival); Punch (Hampstead/Heat and Light Company); Epic, Trolls, Life for Beginners (Theatre503). Radio credits include: The Pursuit (Radio 4). Television credits include: Hollyoaks. Matt is a recipient of a T.S. Eliot commission from the Old Vic Theatre.
- Author(s)Matt Hartley
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight113 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.