All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Antiochene or Lucianic text is one of the most important text forms of the Septuagint, the Greek translation of the Old Testament. Its specific form has been understood as the result of the recensional activity of Lucian the martyr (312). Yet, agreements with Josephus, the New Testament, the Old Latin translation, and w especially with the biblical texts from Qumran show that it (also) must be old and close to the original Septuagint. The evaluation of the Antiochene text is of importance t only for the textual history of the Septuagint but also for the description of its original character and because of the relation to its parent text, even for the history of the Hebrew text. This collection of papers presents new insights and actual discussion concerning the history and the importance of the Antiochene Text of the Septuagint. With contributions by Felix Albrecht, Natalio Fernandez Marcos, Philippe Hugo, Jong-Hoon Kim, Thomas Kraus, Siegfried Kreuzer, Martin Meiser, Adrian Schenker, Marcus Sigismund, Victoria Spottor.
- PublisherVandenhoeck & Ruprecht GmbH & Co KG
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintVandenhoeck & Ruprecht GmbH & Co KG
- Weight208 g
- Edited byMarcus Sigismund,Siegfried Kreuzer
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.