All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the first systematic overall view of the genesis and form of what has long been discussed by researchers under the heading of German Orientalism . Focussing historically on the early 19th century, the author sketches the literary, academic and political conditions under which the modern German image of the Orient has been constituted, and in the process proposes a fundamental theoretical revision to the key text in oriental research, Edward Said's Orientalism . It also offers detailed individual studies on Goethe's 'West-ostlicher Divan', Hauff's fairy-tales and the oriental fantasies at the Prussian court map out the possible boundaries of an orientalist aesthetic.
- Author BiographyAndrea Polaschegg arbeitet als Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin am Institut fur deutsche Literatur der Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin.
- Author(s)Andrea Polaschegg
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleQuellen und Forschungen zur Literatur- und Kulturgeschichte
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 35
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Note33 figures
- Weight1034 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.