All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis thought-provoking book chronicles the evolution of the airline industry and explains what lies ahead for airlines across the globe. The authors present compelling evidence on how the paradigm shift that is taking place in the airline industry is linked to the big-bang approach to deregulation. The US airline industry has been taken as an in-depth case study. There are lessons to be learned from the US as Europe and Asia undergo the (airline) deregulation experience from a public policy as well as a corporate perspective. The book also addresses the crucial question of what will happen to the airlines that are in turmoil. In addition to the comprehensive analysis of the airline industry's evolution, the authors draw from extant theory as well as from their own research to predict and explain which (and what kind of) airlines are likely to succeed and fail in domestic and international markets. The downfall of legacy carriers and rise of discount carriers is analyzed in detail. The n-technical analysis is intended for a broader audience than airline and management professionals.
- Author BiographyFred C Allvine is Professor Emeritus, Georgia Institute of Technology. He has authored and co-authored several books including a marketing textbook and two books on competition in the oil industry. He has also been a consultant to the Department of Justice and state regulatory bodies. Jagdish N. Sheth, Ph.D., is the Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing at Emory University, Goizueta Business School. He is known nationally and internationally for his scholarly contributions in consumer behavior, relationship marketing, competitive strategy, and geopolitical analysis. When he joined Emory's faculty in 1991, Professor Sheth had nearly 30 years of combined experience in marketing from the University of Southern California, the University of Illinois, Columbia University, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Throughout his career, Professor Sheth has offered more than a thousand presentations in at least 20 countries. He has also provided consultancy for numerous companies in the United States, Europe, and Asia. His client list includes AT&T, BellSouth, Cox Communications, Delta, Ernst & Young, Ford, GE, Lucent Technologies, Motorola, Nortel, Pillsbury, Sprint, Square D, 3M, Whirlpool, and others. Currently, Professor Sheth sits on the Board of Directors of several public companies including Norstan, Cryo Cell International, and Wipro Limited. Professor Sheth's accolades include Outstanding Marketing Educator, an award presented by the Academy of Marketing Science, the Outstanding Educator award twice-presented by Sales and Marketing Executives International, and the P.D. Converse Award for his outstanding contributions to theory in marketing, presented by the American Marketing Association. Professor Sheth is the recipient of the two highest awards given by the American Marketing Association: the Richard D. Irwin Distinguished Marketing Educator Award and the Charles Coolidge Parlin Award. In 1996, Professor Sheth was selected as the Distinguished Fellow of the Academy of Marketing Science. The following year, he was awarded the Distinguished Fellow award from the International Engineering Consortium. Professor Sheth is also a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (known as APA). In 2014, he was awarded the William Wilkie Award, Marketing for a Better World by the American Marketing Association. Professor Sheth has authored or coauthored hundreds of articles and books. In 2000, he and Andrew Sobel published the best seller, Clients for Life. In 2001, Value Space, which he coauthored with Banwari Mittal, was published. Professor Sheth's most popular book, The Rule of Three, was coauthored with Dr Rajendra Sisodia and published in 2002. He has since written notable publications: Tectonic Shift, Firms of Endearment, and The 4 A's of Marketing.
- Author(s)Ashutosh Dixit,Can Uslay,Fred C. Allvine,Jagdish Sheth
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.