Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionDescartes' Meditations is one of the first texts that a philosophy student will study, and one that many come back to time and again. Rather than simply telling the reader what to think, Meditations invites us to take a philosophical journey. This book prepares readers for that journey, helping them to engage with each of the meditations and suggesting ways through the more difficult passages. This guide also offers students a fresh approach by bringing to life the path of self-discovery encapsulated in the work, while maintaining the emphasis on metaphysics. By focusing on what the text itself has to say, rather than what has been said about it by others, it will help readers at all levels to discover - or rediscover - why Descartes' Meditations is one of the cornerstones of philosophy.
- Author BiographyKurt Brandhorst is Adjunct Assistant Professor at Valparaiso University
- Author(s)Kurt Brandhorst
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2010
- Series TitleEdinburgh Philosophical Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight382 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.