Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionThose who have read Williams' earlier vels will t want to be told anything about Descent into Hell except that it is one of his best. Those who do t kw the author's work will find that when they have read this vel, they will want to read all the others. Highly acclaimed writer of the thriller with a supernatural element, Williams' vels can be read for pure excitement. However, there is also a comedy of manners and acute analysis of human relationships, and finally, exploration of abysses of beauty and horror beyond the borders of the material world. This book, as the title may suggest, is t recommended reading for hyper-sensitive people alone at night in an empty house.
- Author BiographyCharles Williams (1886-1945) was a writer who excelled in a number of different genres. He was a novelist, dramatist, theologian and literary critic. He belonged to The Inklings: C. S. Lewis liked him, J. R. R. Tolkien didn't. T. S. Eliot admired him as a novelist, published his final novel at Faber and was responsible for the reissuing of the earlier six. All seven novels are being reissued in Faber Finds: War in Heaven, Many Dimensions, The Place of the Lion, The Greater Trumps, Shadows of Ecstasy, Descent into Hell and All Hallows' Eve.
- Author(s)Charles Williams
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight242 g
- Width198 mm
- Height126 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.