Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionSir Thomas Duffus Hardy (1804-78) was Deputy Keeper of the Public Record Office. He was closely involved with the Rolls Series of publications of medieval manuscripts in public ownership, of which this catalogue (consisting of three volumes in four parts) forms part. His stated aim was to list 'all the kwn sources, printed or unprinted, of English history'. Each item is located and described and where Hardy has examined the original, the first and last lines are given. Where kwn, the author's life is briefly outlined. The third volume, published in 1871, provides historical sources ranging from 1200 (the first full year of King John's reign) to the death of Edward II in 1327. This volume features 20 plates illustrating some of the types of manuscripts catalogued. A fourth volume, left uncompleted at Hardy's death, was to have continued the catalogue to the end of Henry VII's reign (1509).
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Rolls
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 colour illus.
- Weight980 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byThomas Duffus Hardy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.