Descriptive and Historical Catalogue of the Pictures in the National Gallery: With Biographical Notices of the Painters, Foreign Schools (Classic Reprint) by Ralph Nicholson Wornum (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Descriptive and Historical Catalogue of the Pictures in the National Gallery: With Biographical Notices of the Painters, Foreign Schools In using this catalogue in the Gallery, reference should be made from the painter's name on the frame of the picture to the corresponding name at the head of the page in the catalogue, where the order is alphabetical. When more than one designation occurs, as for example, Sebastia del Pionrbo, the name to be looked for in the catalogue may be found by referring to the number in the Index list, page 8, corresponding with the number of the picture. The same hat may be consulted, if the name of the master on the picture-frame should t be easily legible. The plan of the catalogue is historical, as well as descriptive. Biographical tices of the several painters precede, in most cases, the descriptions of their works: the history, as far as kwn, of each picture is also given; together with its dimensions, the material on which it is executed, and other details which may sometimes serve to identify it. Among the sources of information which have reference to the history of the art, the opinions of eminent critics on the merits of particular masters, and of remarkable works, have t been overlooked. A certain degree of historical kwledge, as regards both the art itself and its criticism, is perhaps indispensable for the due appreciation of some works; the merit of which, depending on the time and circumstances of their production, is in a great measure relative. The information thus offered, without-superseding individual predilections, may sometimes assist in the formation of a correct judgment, which is the basis of a correct taste. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Ralph Nicholson Wornum
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.