CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume in the Greenwood Guides to Biomes of the World focuses on deserts, the seemingly desolate-but actually quite lively-regions that are home to some of the most interesting and beautiful flora and fauna in the world. Desert Biomes examines three different types of biomes: warm/hot deserts (such as the Mojave and Sahara deserts), cold deserts (such as Patagonia in South America), and the West Coast Fog Desert biomes, which occur on certain regions of the western edge of major continents. The volumes examines how these biomes are unique in terms of their vegetation, geographical distribution, soil, challenges posed by the environment, adaptation of the plants and animals to the environment, and conservation efforts. Maps, photos, diagrams, drawings, and tables accompany the text, as do sidebars that highlight habitats, species, and ecological relationships. The volume includes a bibliography of accessible resources for further research.
- Author BiographyJoyce A. Quinn is Professor Emerita in the Department of Geography at California State University, Fresno. She earned an MA from the University of Colorado and a PhD from Arizona State University, specializing in the effect of climate on the distribution of plants. Travel throughout the United States, Latin America, Europe, Northern and Southern Africa, Uzbekistan, Nepal, China, Southeast Asia, Micronesia, among others allowed her to experience several biomes firsthand.
- Author(s)Joyce A. Quinn
- Date of Publication30/12/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGreenwood Guides to Biomes of the World
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight680 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.