All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is the centrepiece of a project that combines book, art exhibitions and web-based educational materials exploring the distinctive Desert Channels country in south-western Queensland. The region is the main source of all the desert rivers in arid Australia, and its rivers drain into Lake Eyre. The region includes the Channel Country and adjacent Simpson Desert and extends rth east of Longreach to include Mound Springs country.
- Author BiographyLibby Robin is an environmental historian who has had a long interest in conservation initiatives in deserts. Her books include How a Continent Created a Nation, which won the NSW Premier's Prize for Australian History (2007) and The Flight of the Emu, which won the Victorian Premier's Literary Award for Science Writing (2003). Her most recent co-edited book is Boom and Bust: Bird Stories for a Dry Country (CSIRO Publishing 2009), which won the Whitley Medal in 2009. Chris Dickman is Professor in Terrestrial Ecology at the University of Sydney, and author of the popular book A Fragile Balance: The Extraordinary Story of Australian Marsupials (2007), which won the Whitley Medal for advancing zoological knowledge in 2008. He also won the NSW Scientist of the Year 2010 for the Plant and Animal Sciences Category and has been studying the natural history of the Desert Channels area for 20 years, and has published extensively on this. Mandy Martin is one of Australia's best known artists, with work in most major Australian galleries. She is a pioneering scholar in interdisciplinary environmental art projects, including the book Inflows: the Channel Country (2001), which focuses on this region. Her art is underpinned by a consuming passion for the future of the Australian landscape, particularly the desert landscapes.
- PublisherCSIRO Publishing
- Date of Publication04/05/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCSIRO Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width260 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChris Dickman,Libby Robin,Mandy Martin
- Edition Statementreprinted with corrections
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.