All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the liberal oasis of Dubai, Al Qaeda plots to secure a suitcase nuke design that would have devastating and far-reaching consequences, while changing the rules of the terror game forever. When a top Hamas commander is assassinated in Dubai, a spectacular suicide attack is played out to avenge the killing, and, more importantly, to divert attention away from the nuke design deal. From then on, the breath-taking narrative keeps a torrid pace involving a wounded Al Qaeda honcho, Pakistani intelligence men, a mercurial Arab secret agent and American and Indian officers who act as backroom boys deftly pulling the strings from behind to thwart the terrorists. However, Al Qaeda still manages to conclude the deal for the nuke design. In the nail-biting climax, can the cops stop the renegades from leaving Dubai? With the fate of the world clearly at stake, failure is simply t conceivable. Desert Hunt is a gripping suspense vel that centers on the growing threat of terrorism around the world and, particularly, in the Middle East. This is a story waiting to happen, as it broaches a real threat in an exciting and original way. A fast-paced thriller set in one of the most exotic and volatile locations in the world, this tantalizing vel offers a frightening fresh perspective on emerging terror scenarios. Possessing shocking realism and a foreboding sense of the future, it is one of the most exciting vels in contemporary times. Author K.S.R. Men banks on his many years' experience in the region as a news agency journalist to craft a credible, exciting tale that draws readers in from the first words. Offering a unique and informed perspective on a sensitive geopolitical environment that remains disordered, extremely uncertain, and insecure, this thriller is a welcome entry in the genre, while also being one of the most alarming.
- Author BiographyK. S. R.Menon has worked as the Middle East correspondent in Dubai for two leading Indian news agencies for more than sixteen years. Gaining a keen insight regarding life in a volatile region continuously subjected to seismic geopolitical shifts, he has contributed to many newspapers in India and the Middle East. He was also associated with the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, New Delhi, a stint that afforded him an in-depth understanding of the politico-security equations in today's world. Menon holds a postgraduate degree in English literature from Kerala University and studied journalism at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.
- Author(s)K S R Menon
- Date of Publication29/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.