All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis activity guide introduces children to the wild and often misunderstood environment of the desert and the people and cultures that thrive in and around them. Information is included on all types of deserts--hot and dry, coastal, semiarid, and polar. Kids learn what defines a desert and the creative ways plants and animals have adapted to survive in harsh desert environments. Also discussed are urban sprawl and its effects on desert habitats and how children can help protect this delicate environment by conserving energy and reducing consumption of petroleum-based products. Engaging activities include drawing a petroglyph, making a coral snake bracelet, frying prickly pears, conducting a gerbil study, and making sand art.
- Author BiographyNancy F. Castaldo is a former environmental educator and the author of Oceans, Rainforests, Rainy Day Play!, Sunny Days and Starry Nights, and Winter Day Play!
- Author(s)Nancy F. Castaldo
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.