Design Alchemy: Transforming the Way We Think About Learning and Teaching by Roderick Sims (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $159.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $221.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe promise of online learning--flexible, learner-centered, responsive--was forward-looking and poised to revolutionize education. But too often online learning courses have little room for student engagement and their design does t reflect the potential for interactive and collaborative learning. Design Alchemy counters this trend by synthesizing the art and science of educational design to model a whole that transcends the sum of its parts. Challenging yet accessible, it clearly sets out steps for harnessing invative strategies and designer creativity to provide educational platforms that reduce learner boredom and instructor burut, and encourage deeper interaction with subject matter. Activities, assessment methods, and sample course materials are designed toward improving quality, embracing diversity, and adapting positively to change. And the book's palette of resources enables readers to effectively apply the principles in their own practice: * The evolution of Design Alchemy in the context of online learning.* Alignment with core theories and practice models.* The framework: elements of pedagogy and components of practice.* Case studies showing Design Alchemy in real-world learning.* Tools, templates, and a sample syllabus.* The Design Alchemy Manifesto, summarizing key ideas. Researchers and practitioners in techlogy and education will look to Design Alchemy as a transformative work to help make the most of student potential, learning opportunities, and their own professional growth.
- Author BiographyDr. Roderick Sims began working with the PLATO computer-based learning system in 1979 and subsequently has held senior academic posts in Australia universities before commencing consultancy services to higher education, specializing in design strategies for online learning. His current clients include public and private educational providers in Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
- Author(s)Roderick Sims
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleExplorations in the Learning Sciences, Instructional Systems and Performance Technologies
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 48 colour illustrations, 20 black & white tables, biography
- Weight584 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.