All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcomic evaluation has become an essential component of clinical trial design to show that new treatments and techlogies offer value to payers in various healthcare systems. Although many books exist that address the theoretical or practical aspects of cost-effectiveness analysis, this book differentiates itself from the competition by detailing how to apply health ecomic evaluation techniques in a clinical trial context, from both academic and pharmaceutical/commercial perspectives. It also includes a special chapter for clinical trials in Cancer. Design & Analysis of Clinical Trials for Ecomic Evaluation & Reimbursement is t just about performing cost-effectiveness analyses. It also emphasizes the strategic importance of ecomic evaluation and offers guidance and advice on the complex factors at play before, during, and after an ecomic evaluation. Filled with detailed examples, the book bridges the gap between applications of ecomic evaluation in industry (mainly pharmaceutical) and what students may learn in university courses. It provides readers with access to SAS and STATA code. In addition, Windows-based software for sample size and value of information analysis is available free of charge-making it a valuable resource for students considering a career in this field or for those who simply wish to kw more about applying ecomic evaluation techniques. The book includes coverage of trial design, case report form design, quality of life measures, sample sizes, submissions to regulatory authorities for reimbursement, Markov models, cohort models, and decision trees. Examples and case studies are provided at the end of each chapter. Presenting first-hand insights into how ecomic evaluations are performed from a drug development perspective, the book supplies readers with the foundation required to succeed in an environment where clinical trials and cost-effectiveness of new treatments are central. It also includes thought-provoking exercises for use in classroom and seminar discussions.
- Author BiographyIftekhar Khan is a statistician, health economics researcher and academic at University College London (University of London). He has been an applied statistician for over 15 years in clinical trials, having worked in pharmaceutical companies and academic clinical trials units. Iftekhar Khan has completed degrees in statistics and mathematics from King's College London, the University of Kent and the University of Cambridge, including a master's in health economics and a PhD in health economic modelling (University College London).
- Author(s)Iftekhar Khan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/12/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series
- Series Part/Volume Number87
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 72 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.