All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionDesign Behind Desire is a beautifully conceived book about wanting, longing, yearning, generating and fulfilling of a highly sexual and erotic nature and, as an entity within itself, becomes an object of desire as each sensuously laden page is turned. It both demonstrates and embodies desire by exploring the most beautiful objects of and for desire where integrity, beauty, sexuality and sensuality are at the heart of the creations. Many of the striking objects that are depicted are quite dark, bondage inspired, some surreal, others delicate, there are voluptuous pieces and there are one or two eccentric but never the less brilliant creations. Design Behind Desire also demonstrates how many items and genres from the world of fetish wear and bondage are inspiring and provoking fashion and design in a tangible way. How there is a tactility and truth to materials, which shifts the sexy to profoundly sexual and where desire as both a concept and motivational force becomes more powerful where there is duality or contradictory forces at play.
- Author BiographyLisa Z. Morgan is an artist and a co-founder of Strumpet & Pink. The subject and object of desire has been a palpable constant within her artistic, commercial and consultancy work both as a motivation and in its embodiment or articulation. Through her creativity and research she questions how the value of provenance, of rarity and storytelling, puts into question or provokes our understanding and relationship towards desire and our personal measures of wanting.
- PublisherFarameh Media
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarameh Media
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight2245 g
- Width248 mm
- Height343 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byLisa Z. Morgan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.