All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen an invation is inspired by design, it transcends techlogy and utility. The design delights the user, seamlessly integrating the physical object, a service, and its use into something whole. A design-inspired invation is so simple that it becomes an extension of the user. It creates meaning and a new language.Design-Inspired Invation takes a unique look at the intersection between design and invation, and explores the vel ways in which designers are contributing to the development of products and services. The book's scope is international, with emphasis on design activities in Boston, England, Sweden, and Milan. Through a rich variety of cases and cultural prisms, the book extends the traditional design viewpoint and stretches the context of industrial design to question - and answer - what design is really all about. It gives readers tools for inspiration, and shows how design can change language and even create human possibilities.
- Author BiographyJames M Utterback is David J McGrath jr. Professor of Management and Innovation in the Sloan School of Management and Professor of Engineering Systems in the School of Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is a Fellow of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences and a Member of the Board of Governors of Argonne National Laboratory. Bengt-Arne Vedin is Professor of Innovation Management at Malardalen University in Eskilstuna, Sweden. He is a Fellow of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, the Swedish Society for International Affairs, the Swedish Academy of Verbovisual Communication, and the World Academy of Art & Science. Eduardo Alvarez is a graduate of MIT where he did his thesis on Managing Creativity for Effective Innovation. He is a designer and entrepreneur and is President of VIGIX, Inc, which he founded. Sten Ekman is Doctor of Industrial Ergonomics at the Department of Innovation, Design and Product Development at Malardalen University in Eskilstuna, Sweden. He has been honored as The Entrepreneur of the Year in Academic Leadership in Sweden 2001 and also for the Malardalen Program on Innovation Management as The Entrepreneurial Program of the Year in Sweden 2000. He is the Head of an international four-year project University Business Development Centres at Ukrainian Universities from 2005. Susan Walsh Sanderson is Associate Professor at the Lally School of Management at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York. She is recipient of the Boeing Outstanding Educator Award and the Hesburg Award for Educational Innovation. Bruce Tether is Professor of Innovation Management and Strategy at the Centre for Research on Innovation and Competition, Manchester Business School and a Ghoshal Fellow of the United Kingdom's Advanced Institute of Management Research. Roberto Verganti is Professor of Management of Innovation at the School of Management and at the Faculty of Design of Politecnico di Milano, and Director of MaDe in Lab, the laboratory for Marketing, Design and Innovation of MIP-School of Management of Politecnico di Milano. He is a Member of the Scientific Committee of the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, and member of the Advisory Council of the Design Management Institute, Boston. A project Sistema Design Italia in which he participated as a Member of the Scientific Organizing Committee was awarded the most prestigious design award in Italy, the Compasso d'Oro in 2001.
- Author(s)Bengt-Arne Vedin,Eduardo Alvarez,James M. Utterback,Sten Ekman,Susan Walsh Sanderson
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2006
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width161 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.