All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsolidating existing kwledge in Design Science, this book proposes a new research method to aid the exploration of design and problem solving within business, science and techlogy. It seeks to overcome a dichotomy that exists in the field between theory and practice to enable researches to find solutions to problems, rather than focusing on the explanation and exploration of the problems themselves. Currently, researches concentrate on to describing, exploring, explaining and predicting phemena, and little attention is devoted to prescribing solutions. Herbert Simon proposes the need to develop a Science of the Artificial (Design Science), arguing that our reality is much more artificial than natural. However, the research conducted on the Design Science premises has so far been scattered and erratic in different fields of research, such as management, systems information and engineering. This book aims to address this issue by bringing these fields together and emphasising the need for solutions. This book provides a valuable resource to students and researchers of research methods, information systems, management and management science, and production and operations management.
- Author BiographyALINE DRESCH: Ph.D. student in Production Engineering at UFSC, CNPq Fellow. Master's Degree in Production and Systems Engineering by Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos. Production Engineering Graduate by Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos (2010) and Teacher Training Graduate by Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina (2011). GMAP Research Assistant (Research Group on Modeling for Learning) at Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos. Experience in the engineering area, mainly in the following themes: research methodology, processes, lean manufacturing, theory of constraints, systemic thinking. DANIEL PACHECO LACERDA: Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering by COPPE/UFRJ, Master's Degree in Business Administration by Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos (2005) and Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration - Instituicao Educacional Sao Judas Tadeu (2002). Coordinator of the Production Engineering Undergraduate Program / UNISINOS. Professional and academic experience in the Strategy and Operations, Processes Engineering, Costs and Theory of Constraints areas. Currently a researcher of the Production and Systems Engineering Master and Doctor Program - PPGEPS / UNISINOS and academic coordinator at the GMAP | UNISINOS (Research Group on Modeling for Learning). Develops applied research projects for companies such as FIOCRUZ/Bio-Manguinhos, PETROBRAS, TRANSPETRO, AGDI, SEBRAE/RS and VALE. Achieved distinction with the Outstanding Paper Award for Excellence from Emerald Literati Network and the CNPq Scholarship of Productivity in Technological Development and Innovative Extension. JOSE ANTONIO VALLE ANTUNES JUNIOR: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering by Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (1981), Mechanical Engineering Specialist with an Emphasis in Thermal Engineering by Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (1985), Mechanical Maintenance Engineering Specialist by Engenharia de Manutencao Mecanica da Petroquisa Petrobras (1982), Master's Degree in Production Engineering by Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (1988) and Ph.D. in Business Administration by Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (1998). Currently a professor at Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Director of the Produttare Associate Consultants and Director of Efact Software Company. Experience in the Administration area, with an emphasis in Business Administration. Acting on the following topics: Theory of Constraints, Toyota Production System, Zero Inventory Production Systems.
- Author(s)Aline Dresch,Daniel Pacheco Lacerda,Jose Antonio Valle Antunes
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 69 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight438 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.