Design Science Research Methods and Patterns: Innovating Information and Communication Technology by Vijay K. Vaishnavi, William Kuechler (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $112.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $175.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting invative research methods, this second edition of a bestseller describes a simple and practical methodology for conducting cutting-edge design science research (DSR). It provides comprehensive guidance on how to conduct such research and supplies in-depth treatment of design science theory and the different types of theory that can be generated in design science research. Making vel use of the concept of patterns, it presents 84 research patterns for conducting effective DSR. It emphasizes design science theory throughout and is filled with practical examples of using patterns to conduct information and communication techlogy research (ICT). With a focus on reusing research activities to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of conducting design science research, the book relies on familiar patterns to provide the fundamentals of various research philosophies and techniques required to invate ICT. It describes design science research in relation to other information systems research paradigms such as positivist and interpretivist research. New to this edition are relevant design science research patterns adapted from TRIZ, the widely regarded European engineering design and creativity method. This edition also provides greatly expanded treatment of theory building in design science research (DSR), a topic of rapidly growing interest in addition to a new chapter presenting a framework for theory development in DSR. The book provides an expanded examination of patterns in DSR presented using a new pattern classification mechanism to group patterns with like functionality. This book will be of value to those interested in learning to conduct design science research, particularly in the ICT disciplines the book focuses on.
- Author BiographyVijay K. Vaishnavi is professor emeritus of computer information systems at Georgia State University. He holds a PhD from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur and has conducted postdoctoral work at McMaster University, Canada. His research covers several areas including design science research methods, information integration and web mining, software development, and data structures/algorithms. He has authored 150+ publications that include six books in these and related areas. His research has been funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) as well as by the industry. He has served as consultant to various organizations such as IBM, AT&T, and Bell Northern Research. In 2007, he was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award in Design Sciences (DESRIST 2007) for making significant fundamental contributions in design science research through research, leadership, and mentorship. Bill Kuechler is a professor of information systems and former chair of the information systems discipline at the University of Nevada, Reno. He holds a BS in electrical engineering from Drexel University and a Ph.D. in computer information systems from Georgia State University. Bill's academic career follows a successful 22-year industry career in information systems development and consulting. He has held positions as software engineer, software engineering manager, software systems product manager, consultant, and director of IT for a regional firm. His work experience brings insight to his teaching of both IS management and technical material and brings a wealth of practical background to his research. Bill's two primary research themes are the cognitive bases of IS use, development and education, and design science research in IS. Dr. Kuechler is a member of AIS and ACM.
- Author(s)Vijay K. Vaishnavi,William Kuechler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/05/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.