All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover where design practice is today and where it will take us in the future.Design Transitions presents 42 unique and insightful stories of how design is changing around the world. Twelve countries are represented from the perspectives of three different communities: design agencies, organizations embedding design; and design academics. Our journey has taken us across the globe in search of the most invative design practitioners, and their answers to the question 'How are design practices changing?' From small practices to vast corporations, the rewned to the lesser kwn: these are the stories of people working at the fringes of the traditional disciplines of design. They have opened up their design worlds to reveal the methods, tools and thinking behind their inspirational work. Some of the organizations and individuals featured includes: Droog, BERG, Fjord, thinkpublic, FutureGov, Hakuhodo Invation Lab, DesignThinkers Group, INSITUM, Optimal Usability, frog Asia, Ziba, Banny Banerjee, Ezio Manzini, Carlos Teixeira and Adam Greenfield. Design Transitions is divided into three sections: Section I: Changing Practices features 25 stories from design practices in a range of disciplines. Section II: New Territories features five organizations introducing and embedding design approaches into their core practice and operations. Section III: Viewpoints features 12 interviews with leading design academics, offering additional insights and a critical perspective on the key themes that have emerged from our case studies and interviews.
- Author BiographyJoyce Yee: Joyce is Programme Leader for the BA (Hons) Interactive Media Design at Northumbria University. Formally trained in Visual Communication, she has over 10 years working experience in wide range of environments: academic (teaching at BA and MA level in the UK and in Malaysia), professional (commercial graphic & new media design), cultural (United Kingdom & South East Asian), and organisational (working with commercial & non-profit organisations).
- Author(s)Emma Jefferies,Joyce Yee,Lauren Tan
- PublisherBIS Publishers B.V.
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBIS Publishers B.V.
- Content Note200 Illustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width175 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byTim Brown
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.