All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesign Principles and Analysis Techniques for HRQoL Clinical Trials SAS, R, and SPSS examples realistically show how to implement methods Focusing on longitudinal studies, Design and Analysis of Quality of Life Studies in Clinical Trials, Second Edition addresses design and analysis aspects in eugh detail so that readers can apply statistical methods, such as mixed effect models, to their own studies. The author illustrates the implementation of the methods using the statistical software packages SAS, SPSS, and R. New to the Second Edition * Data sets available for download online, allowing readers to replicate the analyses presented in the text * New chapter on testing models that involve moderation and mediation * Revised discussions of multiple comparisons procedures that focus on the integration of health-related quality of life (HRQoL) outcomes with other study outcomes using gatekeeper strategies * Recent methodological developments for the analysis of trials with missing data * New chapter on quality adjusted life-years (QALYs) and QTWiST specific to clinical trials * Additional examples of the implementation of basic models and other selected applications in R and SPSS This edition continues to provide practical information for researchers directly involved in the design and analysis of HRQoL studies as well as for those who evaluate the design and interpret the results of HRQoL research. By following the examples in the book, readers will be able to apply the steps to their own trials.
- Author BiographyDiane L. Fairclough is a professor in the Department of Biostatistics and Informatics in the Colorado School of Public Health and director of the Biostatistics Core of the Colorado Health Outcomes Program at the University of Colorado in Denver. She is also President of the International Society for Quality of Life Research. Dr. Fairclough's prior appointments include St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Harvard School of Public Health, and AMC Cancer Research Center.
- Author(s)Diane L. Fairclough
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Interdisciplinary Statistics Series
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note69 black & white illustrations, 87 black & white tables
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.