All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title comprehensively surveys and looks beyond the phemen of 'designart' that has emerged since the Pop and Minimalist era: cutting edge, hybrid practices that blur traditional boundaries between art, architecture, graphics and product design. Key debates about form and function, the everyday, the collective and the utopian are contextualized historically and theoretically by leading practitioners and critics from both the art and the design worlds. Contributors include David Bourdon, Peter Cook/Archigram, Douglas Coupland, Kees Dorst, Charles Eames, Experimental Jetset, Vilem Flusser, Hal Foster, Liam Gillick, Dan Graham, Clement Greenberg, Richard Hamilton, Donald Judd, Frederick Kiesler, Miwon Kwon, Maria Lind, M/M, N55, George Nelson, Lucy Orta, Jorge Pardo, Norman Potter, Rick Poyr, Paul Rand, Tobias Rehberger, Ed Ruscha, Joe Scanlan, Mary Anne Staniszewski, Superflex, Manfredo Tafuri, Rirkrit Tiravanija, Paul Virilio, Joep van Lieshout, Andy Warhol, Benjamin Weil, Mark Wigley and Andrea Zittel.
- Author BiographyAlex Coles is a London-based art critic and lecturer. He is the author of DesignArt and a regular contributor to Art Monthly, Contemporary, Parachute, and Artext.
- PublisherWhitechapel Gallery
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleDocuments of Contemporary Art
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhitechapel Art Gallery
- Weight563 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAlex Coles
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.