All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoth professionals and students are increasingly committed to achieving high-performance metrics in the design, construction and operation of residential buildings. This book responds to this demand by offering a comprehensive guide which features: * architectural invations in building skin techlogies which make lighter more transparent buildings high performing * energy-free architectural design principles and advances in building-integrated photovoltaics * essential engineering principles, controls and approaches to simulation for achieving net zero * the advantages of integrated design in residential construction and the challenges and opportunities it engenders * detailed case studies of invative homes which have incorporated low-energy design solutions, new materials, alternative building assemblies, digital fabrication, integrated engineering systems and operational controls. Divided into four parts, the book discusses the requisite AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) kwledge needed when building a high-performance home. It also communicates this information across four case studies, which provide the reader with a thorough overview of all aspects to be considered in the design and construction of sustainable homes. With contributions from experts in the field, the book provides a well-rounded and multi-faceted approach. This book is essential reading for students and professionals in design, architecture, engineering (civil, mechanical and electrical), construction and energy management.
- Author BiographyFranca Trubiano is a Registered Architect (O.A.Q., Int. Assoc. AIA) and Assistant Professor at Penn Design, University of Pennsylvania where she received her doctoral degree and conducts research in construction technology, emerging materials, tectonic theory, integrated design and architectural ecologies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 28 black & white halftones, 107 colour illustrations
- Weight978 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFranca Trubiano
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.