All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complete guide for the entire facility design process?--revised and updated In today's fast-moving business climate, the foodservice professional will likely be involved in several facility design projects over his or her career. Design and Layout of Foodservice Facilities , Third Edition provides a comprehensive reference for every step of the process, from getting the initial concept right to the planning, analysis, design, permitting, and construction--in short, everything needed to get to opening day of the new establishment! Packed with valuable drawings, photographs, and charts, this essential guide covers the nuts-and-bolts decisions that make the difference in an effective, efficient foodservice operation, including equipment selection, workflows, and legal compliance. This Third Edition features: Expanded focus on the front of the house/dining room area Updated and revised equipment chapter with new images of the latest equipment New pedagogical features incorporated throughout the text, including key terms, review questions, and questions for discussion Additional blueprints highlighting design trends Revised appendices that include Web references for additional information Expanded and updated glossary Design and Layout of Foodservice Facilities , Third Edition is an invaluable resource for students of foodservice management as well as professionals involved in foodservice design projects.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Birchfield, FFCSI, is founder of Birchfield Foodsystems (now Birchfield Jacobs Foodsystems Inc.), a foodservice and consulting design firm. He was an associate professor of hotel, restaurant, and institutional management at Michigan State University and is past president of the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) and Foodservice Consultants Society International.Mr. Birchfield has authored numerous articles and two other books on foodservice management, and has been a guest columnist for Food Management magazine.
- Author(s)John C. Birchfield
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/12/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1090 g
- Width215 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.