All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a manual for the technical and structural design of systems for supplying decentralised energy in residential buildings. It presents the micro-combined cooling, heating & power systems Stirling engines & renewable energy sources (mCCHP-SE-RES) systems in an accessible manner both for the public at large, and for professionals who conceive, design or commercialise such systems or their components. The high performance levels of these systems are demonstrated within the final chapter by the results of an experiment in which a house is equipped with a mCCHP-SE-RES system. The reader is also familiarized with the conceptual, technical and legal aspects of modern domestic energy systems; the components that constitute these systems; and advanced algorithms for achieving the structural and technical design of such systems. In residential buildings, satisfying demands of durable development has gradually evolved from necessity to obligation and institutionalisation. Consequently a major paradigm change has appeared in the supply of energy to residential buildings, from the centralised production of energy using fossil fuels to the decentralised production of energy using local renewable sources. Furthermore, on the energy system market, energy micro systems which use renewable energy sources are increasingly commercialised. From among these, the mCCHP-SE-RES systems are particularly striking because they offer a high performance and they enhance the relationship between humans and the environment. This book is intended for postgraduate students of electrical engineering, applied mathematicians, and researchers of modelling and control of complex systems or power system techlogies.
- Author BiographyNicolae Badea is a professor at the Dunarea de Jos University of Galati since 2004, starting his teaching career in 1989. He has published books and book chapters in the fields of electrical machines, electrical equipments, electromagnetic field theory, electric circuit theory, wind energy. He has more than 100 papers and articles published in national and international conferences and journals. His main fields of interest and expertise are the electricity sector, renewable energies ((wind, PV, thermal-solar, mini-hydro, biomass, fuel cells - hydrogen), energy efficiency, security of supply, climate change, sustainable development, micro cogeneration and trigeneration systems. Professor Badea has done applied research as project manager in national and international projects that use renewable energy sources and develop micro co/trigeneration systems.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note265 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight617 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byNicolae Badea
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2015
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.