All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique resource to help software developers create a desirable user experience Today, top-flight software must feature a desirable user experience. This one-of-a-kind book creates a design process specifically for software, making it easy for developers who lack design background to create that compelling user experience. Appealing to both tech-savvy designers and creative-minded techlogists, it establishes a hybrid discipline that will produce first-rate software. Illustrated in full color, it shows how to plan and visualize the design to create software that works on every level. * Today's software demands attention to the quality of the user experience; this book guides you through a practical design process to achieve that goal * Approaches the mechanics of design with a process inspired by art and science * Avoids the abstract and moves step by step through techniques you can put to use immediately * Covers planning your design, tested methods, how to visualize like a designer, psychology of design, and how to create software that developers will appreciate * Explores such elements as choosing the right typeface and managing interactivity Design for Software: A Playbook for Developers brings the art of good design together with the science of software development to create programs with pizazz.
- Author BiographyErik Klimczak is a Creative Director in Chicago dedicated to making technology meaningful for his clients. He has assisted in the design and production of software for industries as diverse as healthcare, automobiles, finance, retail, law, entertainment, insurance, marketing, education, consumer products, gaming, sports, food and beverage, communications, media, security and more. As a hybrid technologist/artist, Klimczak is uniquely positioned to present design theory concepts to tech-minded professionals who don t have a background in traditional design.
- Author(s)Erik Klimczak
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight748 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.