All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA luxurious look at nineteen private houses in the Hamptons, Long Island's exclusive summer retreat--with architecture, interiors, and gardens from celebrity designers including Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan, John Barman, Fox-Nahem, Thad Hayes, Tony Ingrao, Todd Merrill, Roman & Williams, and Joe d'Urso. These architects and interior designers are inspired by the island's rewned natural beauty to create houses that set the global standards for oceanfront style. Today, that means thoughtful, modern, highly personalized structures that reference the East End's rich history and are designed to enhance appreciation of the fabled seaside landscape. The properties range from shingled beach cottages to a redesigned 1840s barn and a sustainable, glass-walled guesthouse on pilings. They display a curated blend of traditional references with cutting-edge architecture and enviable art collections, finished by the South Fork's famous light and ocean views. In some houses, a sense of calm pervades, and cozily appointed dining terraces with neutral color schemes look out over peaceful docks, while in others, vibrant midcentury modern accessories and outsize outdoor fireplaces point to frequent and exuberant pool parties. Whether they are decorated with natural materials and iconic 1950s and 1960s furniture from Charles Eames and Hans Wegner, or eighteenth-century antiques and industrial objects--all have been carefully selected to demonstrate the possibilities of authentic design in the Hamptons today.
- Author BiographyAn art critic, journalist, and curator, Anthony Iannacci is the publisher of Architecture/Interiors Press in Los Angeles, which specializes in design, interior design, and architecture.
- Author(s)Anthony Iannacci
- PublisherMonacelli Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMonacelli Press
- Content Note250
- Weight2395 g
- Width254 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.