All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains everything a reader needs to customise sewing patterns and achieve perfect fitting clothes. It reveals how to measure a body and draft a perfect-fitting skirt, T-shirt, button-down shirt, dress and trousers. It also features insider tips, explanations and how to endlessly alter patterns throughout. Many modern sewers are looking to draft their own patterns - but the only books that teach the skill are dry and outdated. Design-It-Yourself Clothes is a comprehensive guide to pattern drafting from concept to execution by Cal Patch, a fashion designer with a modern aesthetic. Cal offers 5 key projects, each with 4 variations. She covers how to measure your body and draft a perfect-fitting skirt, T-shirt, button-down shirt, dress and trousers. Insider tips, explanations and exercises are sprinkled throughout, plus readers are shown how to create patterns from the clothes already in their wardrobes - without ripping out a single seam!
- Author BiographyCal Patch designed clothing and accessories for Urban Outfitters for almost a decade before striking out on her own clothing line. She currently teaches sewing and patternmaking around New York.
- Author(s)Cal Patch
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotter Craft
- Content Notefull colour throughout, 75 photographs, 100 illustrations, includes patterns
- Weight667 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.