All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesign of Artificial Human Joints & Organs is intended to present the basics of the rmal systems and how, due to aging, diseases or trauma, body parts may need to be replaced with manmade materials. The movement of the body generates forces in various work situations and also internally at various joints, muscles and ligaments. It is essential to figure out the forces, moments, pressure etc to design replacements that manage these stresses without breaking down. The mechanical characterization of the hard and the soft tissues are presented systematically using the principles of solid mechanics. The viscoelastic properties of the tissue will also discussed. This text covers the design science and methodology from concept to blueprint to the final component being replaced. Each chapter will be a brief overview of various joint/organ replacement systems. Engineers working on artificial joints and organs, as well as students of Mechanical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering are the main intended audience, however, the pedagogy is simple eugh for those who are learning the subject for the first time.
- Author BiographyProfessor, Biomedical Engineering, Former Founder Director, School of BioScience & Engineering Jadavpur University Research Professor KPC-Medical College & Hospital Professor, Biomedical engineering Founder Director, School of BioScience & Engineering Jadavpur University. Research Professor KPC-Medical College & Hospital Emeritus Fellow, School of Education Technology, JU
- Author(s)Subrata Pal
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note186 black & white illustrations, 31 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight670 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.